1. It just performs – Out of the box, no coughing no requiring to buy additional little pieces or search the world wide web for application. You begin the box, link it in the walls and you are in company. It is a sealed program that performs and can be set up by the lay personal. There is very little "It performs ... but ..."
You link it in, you media 1 key (sometimes 2 together) and you are done.
2. Management – Other media players are only that, media players. So look at the control choices because it is not about raw performance (ie. requiring to perform as many types as possible or enjoying sound and video) it is about performance and convenience of function.
Get a media player and add an enhancing device and then add sound system to it ... so how are you going to convert the firm on? or modify the quantity ? Change music ? create playlists ? change feedback resources ? The Sonos let's you do that with 1 program fairly quickly. A lot of media players do not. Sonos allows you to choose the music you want by hitting it directly on the display of the operator – a lot of media players create you get around an on-screen GUI (not as user-friendly for a lot of people). A few media players will do it, items operating XBMC are among them.
3. Selection – media players are only media players, they do not come with sound system, they do not come with amps ... they are just media players. Now some Av Gadgets will flow media and obviously have an firm in them but they still need sound system connected to them. So overall, the item variety seems to have most of what individuals are looking for – keep in mind the industry it attracts. This is an off-the display music submission program ... absolutely off the display.
4. Area Grouping/pairing – so right now you can buy 2 wi-fi stereo system sound system and a wi-fi bass speaker (the sub will be available soon) and you have an immediate 2.1 program – all you need is 3 energy factors and 1 Information factor and you have a stereo system (you really do not even need the information factor because you can buy a Link and link directly into your wireless router, offered the Link is within variety of the mesh).
This attracts retro-fit and just individuals that want to put a few items under their arm and have a operating program without the need for set up perform to be done.
You can group/pair and ungroup in the same app.
5. The Sonosnet ready – the capable is excellent because ever individual system you buy is also a wi-fi repeater, the more items you have, the 'stronger' your capable or more protection you have or can increase. What media gamer is also a wi-fi repeater ? The set up of the capable ? again just media 1 key (or 2 together based on the device) that is it. It is not so much about problems for only one customer ... it is about what the community can comprehend and comprehend. I viewed a woman try to put a CD in a VCR – some individuals would even discover directing through a selection program and ticking a box to be challenging. Pushing 1 key is simple enough (considering the operator will even explain to you a plan of what to press).
So you can begin to see what is unique about it – it performs and it allows even the common gambler to set up a awesome little music with convenience and function it with a very uncomplicated and user-friendly GUI.
There are disadvantages as to it of course, it is a take a position alone program. It does what it does better than any other program available on the industry – and I have used most of them.
Sonos is annoying to add to manage techniques, it can junk your system if you have 2 devices withing wi-fi range of each other and have them conventional hardwired to the system (forcing you to become more aware about the kind of social media equipment you buy. Easy remedy is to only hard cable 1 Sonos system.). It does not perform movie clips ....
Here is the verdict. Why Sonos is so expensive; I think it has to do with the mindset of the buyer.
Don't think I'm trying to provide you a sales people viewpoint about Sonos, it has excellent factors and bad factors ... you as a customer need to recognize what it is you anticipate from the program should you be seeking more than what it provides.